The PASS 2015 BoD election is now underway! There are 4 tremendous candidates this year, including two incumbents. But, there are only 3 positions available. By virtue of being the only EMEA candidate running this year, incumbent Jen Stirrup will by default win the EMEA seat, leaving the other 3 candidates competing for the US\Canada seat and the Open seat.
Ryan Adams, Argenis Fernandez, and Tim Ford (the other incumbent) have all contributed significantly to the SQL Server community over the past few years. They are all three very deserving candidates and if elected each will serve the PASS community well.
However, as the immediate past Chapter Leader of the Houston Area SQL Server User Group, I want to let you know why I’m specifically endorsing Ryan Adams.
Ryan Adams knows what it’s like to be a DBA with no access to help or training, so he has committed himself to helping others so they don’t have to struggle in their day to day jobs like he did. He has served in the SQL Server and PASS communities for over 10 years and in almost every capacity available including:
- He has been in local user group leadership for 5 years with the North Texas SQL Server User Group.
- He is in his third year as President of the PASS Performance Virtual Chapter and volunteered a year prior to that.
- He has been a Regional Mentor for the PASS South Central Region for 4 years.
- He has served on the PASS Summit Program Committee twice now.
- He served on the 2013 PASS Nomination Committee (NomCom).
- He was a SQLRally organizer and has helped organize 6 SQLSaturday events in Dallas.
It is in his role as a Regional Mentor to chapter leaders (me!) that I recognized Ryan’s passion for the community and the leadership capabilities that he brings. He set the standard for Regional Mentors by engaging on a regular basis with the South Central Region’s chapter leaders, learning about our struggles, ensuring we had the resources we need, and helping to us to find success in running our chapters.
I am confident that Ryan will continue his passionate commitment and leadership to the greater PASS community and make an excellent PASS Board member.
Filed under: PASS |